Whether you’re a Plano, Texas, local or just visiting this vibrant city, you can enjoy a fun day of dining, enjoying craft beers, and seeing live entertainment when you visit Legacy Hall. This 55,000-square-foot, one-of-a-kind food hall features 20 plus food stalls offering a variety of innovative foods, five full-service bars, a brewery, and an expansive outdoor entertainment venue. Our team at Huffines Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has put together this handy guide to help you curate the perfect experience when visiting Legacy Hall.
Image via Flickr by Geoff Peters 604
Take a culinary journey around the world when you visit Legacy Hall. Bring your appetite and be prepared to enjoy chef-driven, concept foods that will have your taste buds and palate craving more. The 20 food vendors with chef-curated menus bring their art of culinary mastery to all who visit Legacy Hall. The chefs use as many locally sourced products as possible to make their culinary creations. Whether you’re craving fresh sushi, innovative Indian cuisine, or good old-fashioned Texas barbecue, you’re sure to find just what you’re looking for at Legacy Hall. Top vendors include:
- Horu Sushi Kitchen serves fresh and innovative sushi rolls and sashimi.
- The Italian Job satisfies your craving for pizza and aromatic pasta dishes.
- Blister Indian Kitchen creates traditional recipes with a modern twist.
- Brisket Love showcases the finest Texas barbecue using oak-fired brisket.
- Chilangos Tacos gives you Mexico City street tacos with handmade tortillas and zesty salsas.
- Yan Pan Asian serves Chinese-American food and several chef specials that are reminiscent of Asian street food.
- Dock Local has the best lobster, shrimp, and crab outside of New England.
- Son of a Butcher offers juicy burgers, crisp fries, and thick milkshakes.
- The Philly Special makes hot, fresh Philly cheesesteak sandwiches that are perfect for eating while watching a game on the big-screen TV at the Box Garden.
- Degenhardt’s Brat Haus offers handcrafted German-style brats by second-generation sausage makers.
After a day of shopping at Legacy West, you’ll appreciate the upscale food and dining opportunities offered at Legacy Hall.
Looking for a beverage to go with one of the delicious meal options listed above? You won’t go thirsty at Legacy Hall. From cocktails curated by professional mixologists to craft beer brewed on-site, you can create the perfect food and beverage pairing.
- Unlawful Assembly Brewing Co. brews award-winning beers on-site, and you can sample favorites that include IPAs, lagers, stouts, and unfiltered wheat beer.
- Good View Bar sits over the second level and is a great place to enjoy a drink with expansive views of the Box Garden stage and screen.
- Bar Main is on the first floor and is an ideal place to get your favorite drink while staying close to the main level action.
- High Bar is the place to go for sports lovers. The High Bar features beers from Unlawful Assembly Brewing Co., local Texas beers, brews from around the world, as well as a full bar to enjoy while watching sports games.
- Tonic Bar & Lounge is great for date night with its intimate interior and impressive gin and tonic selections.
- Vinotopia lets you dispense wine through a smart dispenser for an interactive wine experience. If you want advice on wine nuances and pairings, simply ask the on-site sommelier.
Not only is Plano known for its thriving nightlife, upscale eateries, and craft beers, it’s also home to a flourishing art community. After lunch or dinner at Legacy Hall, stop by the Downtown Plano Arts District to enjoy art galleries, museums, and seasonal festivals. If you are looking for breakfast, look no further than these great breakfast spots in the Plano, TX area.
When you want something to satisfy your sweet tooth while visiting Legacy Hall, you can find fun places that will tingle your taste buds including:
- Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream Co. satisfies with ice cream flavors such as blueberry cheesecake or lemon curd swirl. Or, go for daring flavors like whiskey caramel or chocolate s’mores with a shot of rye whiskey.
- Leila Bakery serves up comforting pastries like chocolate chip cookies, coconut macaroons, chocolate cream pie, and build-your-own mini cake where you choose the base, frosting, and filling.
- Mallow Box makes you feel like a kid again with gourmet marshmallows and creative s’mores bowls.
- Press Waffle Co. makes authentic Belgian waffles in both sweet and savory versions.
Enjoy watching exciting events like live bands, seasonal shows, or your favorite sports team at the Box Garden located in Legacy Hall. The 600-square-foot event stage with a huge LED screen helps you feel like you’re in the middle of the action.
You can find a variety of musical performers who pay tribute to bands such as:
- The Eagles.
- Hall & Oates.
- Led Zeppelin.
- Taylor Swift.
- The Rolling Stones.
Aside from tribute bands, you can also see the real deal with performers such as:
- Blue Oyster Cult.
- Wade Bowen.
- Colt Ford.
- King George.
Get in the mood for the season with special events including:
- Fall Painting with Coffee.
- Fall Cocktails with Bulliet Bourbon.
- Plano’s Annual Food and Wine Festival.
- Hall-O-Ween Movie Series.
- Dia de Los Muertos.
- Football Games.
- Summer Sunset Movie Series.
It’s easy to be entertained year-round at Legacy Hall with ongoing events like:
- Tuesday Trivia.
- Legacy Hall After Party.
- Sunday Sounds.
- Happy Hour Hike.
You can find Legacy Hall at 7800 Windrose Ave., on the north end of the Legacy West shopping area and across from Liberty Mutual. The hours for Legacy Hall vary by the day, with the longest hours on Friday and Saturday when it’s open until 1 a.m.
Doesn’t spending the day at Legacy Hall sound exciting? We think it’s one of Plano’s top attractions. What was your favorite food vendor? Did you catch a live performance, and did you enjoy it? Is there a hidden gem inside of Legacy Hall that we missed? If so, feel free to let us know, and we’ll add it to our list.