When you are traveling on the road with your family, safety is of the utmost importance, and one SUV that stands out from the competition is the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Jeep has an extensive selection of vehicles, such as the Grand Cherokee, loaded with available safety features geared toward keeping you and your family safe while on the go. Let’s explore some of the safety and security features that set the Jeep Grand Cherokee apart.
Jeep Brand ProTech Safety and Security Packages
The Jeep brand has two available safety and security packages. The first is the ProTech I package, and the second is the ProTech II package. The ProTech I package is standard on every 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee model. The ProTech II package has two levels of availability depending on the Grand Cherokee’s trim level. The first level of availability includes the Laredo and Laredo X trim levels. The second level of availability consists of the Limited, Trailhawk, and Overland trim levels.
The Protech II package comes standard on the High Altitude, Summit, SRT, and Trackhawk trim levels. In addition, these packages offer a plethora of available safety features designed to keep you and your family safe and secure every time you leave the driveway. Now let’s break down what goes into each of these packages.
ProTech I Safety and Security Package
The ProTech I package is standard across all of the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee models and adds safety features that are vital for protecting you and your family. The available safety features found in the ProTech I package are:
- Blind Spot Monitoring including Rear Cross Path Detection: The blind spot monitoring system monitors the Grand Cherokee’s blind spots and alerts you of unseen obstacles or vehicles around the vehicle. The added rear cross-path detection alerts you of any traffic that may be crossing your path when reversing, helping you avoid collisions.
- ParkSense Rear Park Assist: Integrated sensors monitor your proximity to other vehicles or obstacles when backing into a parking spot or maneuvering in a tight location.
- ParkView Rear backup Camera with dynamic gridlines: The ParkView rear backup camera offers an excellent view of what is behind you as you are backing into a parking spot or out of your driveway. The dynamic gridlines shown in the image help you gauge distance and approach angles throughout the process.
ProTech II Safety and Security Package
Two availability levels of the ProTech II package allow you to add the package to specific trim levels of the 2021 Grand Cherokee.
The first level of the ProTech II package keeps all of ProTech I’s features, is available on the Laredo and Laredo X trim levels, and adds:
- Forward Collision Warning including Active Braking: This available safety feature uses a forward-facing camera to monitor ahead of the Grand Cherokee and will alert you if it determines there is a chance your vehicle could collide with another car in its path. If this is the case and the driver doesn’t take action, the active braking system will apply braking to reduce the chances of having an accident.
- Advanced Brake Assist: This brake assist system senses when you have rapidly depressed the brake pedal and adds extra stopping power to assist in stopping the vehicle in the shortest distance possible.
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning including Lane Keep Assist: If you are unintentionally drifting from your lane, the LaneSense system will alert you, so you make corrections to return the vehicle to the center of your lane.
The second level of the ProTech II package is available on the Limited, Trailhawk, and Overland trim levels but comes standard on the High Altitude, Summit, SRT, and Trackhawk trim levels. The second level of the ProTech II package keeps all of ProTech I’s features, the first level of ProTech II’s features, and adds:
- Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning including Active Braking: When the full-speed forward collision system is equipped, it uses radar sensors to measure the rate of speed your vehicle is approaching the car directly ahead and will alert you of the imminent collision. If you don’t respond, the system will engage active braking to slow your vehicle in an effort to avoid a crash.
- Adaptive Cruise Control including Stop and Go: With adaptive cruise control, your Grand Cherokee will allow you to enter a distance for following vehicles ahead of you in traffic. Once this distance is set, the system will automatically adjust your traveling speed to maintain the set distance. If necessary, adaptive cruise control will completely stop the vehicle as traffic comes to a stop and will accelerate when traffic is on the move again.
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist: With this system enabled, you can have the confidence to park your Grand Cherokee anywhere. With the system engaged, all you have to do is follow the instructions displayed on the driver information screen.
- Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers: This safety system uses an infrared sensor array to detect when moisture is on the windshield of your Grand Cherokee and automatically activates the windshield wipers for you. This allows you to keep your eyes focused on the road and your hands on the steering wheel.
Jeep prides itself in providing the latest in safety and security features, as evidenced by the available safety features found in the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. So you and your family are sure to be protected when you make the Grand Cherokee your next family SUV. Not only is the Grand Cherokee a safe vehicle, but it also has unmatched power, performance, and off-road capability compared to other SUVs in its class.
For more information and to take the 2021 Grand Cherokee for a test drive, visit Huffines Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Plano today. Serving Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Carrollton, and more, our highly trained and professional sales team can help you with all of your questions concerning the Grand Cherokee’s many features and help you choose from all of the different trim levels. Also, don’t forget to ask about the different ProTech safety and security packages.